PERFORMERS 20 20
We book a handful of spaces at the Fringe. We aren’t for everyone. But we are the first choice for a growing number of passionate folk.
More info on our ABOUT PAGE.
INTERESTED IN PERFORMING IN OUR VENUES NEXT FRINGE?
Follow the Link to the Form
- Heroes @ The Hive (70+ & 120+ capacity) EH1 1LG
- Heroes @ BlundaBus (45 Capacity) EH8 9AA
- Heroes @ SpiegelYurt (55 capacity) EH8 9AA
- Heroes @ Our New ‘black box’ venue with raked seating (50 Capacity tbc) EH8 9AA
- Heroes @ Dragonfly (50 Capacity) EH1 2LD
VENUE STAFF / PRODUCTION:
All Venues have front of house staff and proper production. Additional production can be brought in as required. We will never look to make money by charging rental on production. We now have our own dedicated Box Office in several of our venues.
DEAL for 20 20
(We think this is the best deal on the Fringe but do tell us if you want to do something different)
– A one off payment of £250 payable before the fringe (April) plus 10% of pre-sale ticket. Acts keep 100% of the bucket.
– Shows register themselves and ticket money goes straight to them. We invoice our 10% after payout in October.
– Our shows are Pay What You Want (PWYW). Punters can buy a ticket in advance to guarantee a seat or pay what you want on exit.
– Shows can set any ticket price (usually between £5 and £10)
Shows must complete and pay for their own registration with Edfringe.com by March (discount deadline)
Advance sales are through edfringe.com and our own box office
Payout from sales through Edfringe.com is made direct to the performer from the Fringe Office at the end of Sept. We then invoice our 10% less any settlement from Heroes Box office.
It is your responsibility to Market your own show. However everything about Heroes is set up to maximise word of mouth. By offering the best deal on the fringe you are enable to set your ticket price at a level that means they will sell. We recommend that you use the PWYW model. We are here to support and assist in the run up to and throughout the Fringe.
SELECTION PROCESS / CURATING
We give priority to Heroes shows that are returning
We give priority to Solo Shows
We are very careful to not only select the performers that we think are the best but also that will fit in well with other performers in the venue. For that reason selection is by a team / committee of core performers and crew. Please don’t harass or chastise any individual.
We start allocating in Jan and aim to have the line up in place by Edfringe registration deadlines.
Jan – Who is Returning?
Feb – What extra slots do we have this year?
Feb & March – Allocating & offers
March & April – We often have one or two late slots come available just before the March & April deadlines
Edfringe Programme Discount Deadline – 11 March (17:00 GMT)
Edfringe Programme Deadline – 08 April (17:00 BST)
Early On Sale Dates
- 30 January (approval deadline 20 January)
- 27 February (approval deadline 10 February)
- 19 March (approval deadline 02 March)
- 16 April (approval deadline 30 March) ** THE DEADLINE WE AIM FOR
- 14 May (approval deadline 22 April)
- 10 June – Full programme launch
INTERESTED IN PERFORMING IN OUR VENUES?
Follow the Link the the Form
All enquiries welcome! We’ll respond ASAP.