WE DO FRINGE
HEROES OF FRINGE was set up in 2011 to answer one simple question: “What would happen if performers were able to focus on creative freedom instead of competitive marketing?”
We introduced a model which is fairer for performers and better value for money for punters. This has removed a whole world of stress for performers and given a creative freedom, to deliver original shows to happy punters. It has led to many amazing word-of-mouth successes that large marketing budgets simply cannot buy.
Heroes is now firmly established at the Fringe producing a handful of venues and its own bars at the BlundaBus / Magical SpiegelYurt. We have proved that success is no longer directly related to the size of your budget and Independent shows and venues are thriving throughout the Fringe. As more performers challenge the deals offered to them by venues, the Fringe industry is increasingly having to accept these glorious changes.
Edinburgh Comedy Awards (Formerly the Perrier)
- Four Heroes shows were nominated for Edinburgh Comedy Awards in 2017 and Heroes retained the Panel Prize – Spencer Jones and Mat Ewins for BEst Show and Lucy Pearman and Rob Kemp (Elvis Dead) for Best Newcomer.
- Edinburgh Comedy Award Panel Prize (2016) – Iraq Out & Loud
- Edinburgh Comedy Award (2014) – Adam Hess, Best Newcomer Nomination
- Edinburgh Comedy Award Panel Prize (2013) – Adrienne Truscott
- Comedians Choice for Best Show at the Fringe (2018) – Paul Currie and Lou Sanders
- Comedians Choice for Best Show at the Fringe (2017 – Mat Ewins)
- Comedians Choice for Best Performer at the Fringe (2017) – Rob Kemp
- Comedians Choice for Best Person at the Fringe (2017) – Bob Slayer
- Barry Award for ‘Best’ Show at the Fringe (2016) – Mat Ewins
- Barry Award for ‘Best’ Person at the Fringe (2016) – Bob Slayer (& Nomination Sorcha Shanahan)
- Barry Award for Best Show at the Fringe (2015) – Spencer Jones
- Barry Award for Best Performer at the Fringe (2015) – Spencer Jones
- Barry Award for ‘Best’ Person at the Fringe (2014) – Bob Slayer
- Malcolm Hardee Award For Comic Originality (2016) – Mr Twonkey
- Malcolm Hardee Award For Comic Originality (2015) – Michael Brunstrom
- Malcolm Hardee Award For Comic Originality (2014) – Candy GiGi
- Malcolm Hardee Award For Comic Originality (2013) – Adrienne Truscott
- Malcolm Hardee Pound of Flesh Award (2013) – Ellis & Rose
- Malcolm Hardee Cunning Stunt Award (2011) – Kunt & The Gang and Bob Slayer
- Malcolm Hardee Comic Originality (2009 & 20010) – Bob Slayer nominee
- TV Bomb Zeitgeist Award (2016) – Iraq Out & Loud
- Total Theatre Award Nomination (2013) – Adrienne Truscott
- Chortle Award for Event of the Year (2017): Tony Law on Ice at Alexandra Palace Ice Rink.
- Leicester Comedy Festival: Liberty Award (2014), Best Promoter (2014), Best Small Venue (2015), Best New Venue (2015)
PAY WHAT YOU WANT
At Fringe 2013, Heroes introduced a model to the Fringe whereby punters could choose to either pre-pay full price for tickets or attend the show and “Pay What You Want” upon exit. No one was left empty-handed. Everyone felt warm and fuzzy. Pay What You Want is now an increasingly popular model adopted across the Fringe and beyond.
We take our independent artist driven approach to other Fringe and Comedy & Music Festivals around the UK and beyond.
Drop us a line and we will come to you!
Maybe in the BlundaBus?!
All enquiries welcome! We’ll respond ASAP.